Instructors: MC Baldwin and Paul Heinrich
Overview: This workshop will cover the following topics:
- The FGDC Core Curriculum and focus on Federal Geographic Data Committee’s (FGDC) Content Standard for Digital Geospatial Metadata (CSDGM) version 2 – the current standard
- Updates on the transition to the new ISO 19115 North American Profile (NAP) metadata standard - which will replace the CSDGM in the next few years
- Biological Data Profile – for including information on biological data such as vegetation surveys or animal collections.
- Learn about the Native Place Names project
- A special module on data security policies for tribal data – learn to better control access to sensitive tribal data
Objective: Students will gain a strong understaining of the requirments for production of good standards-based geospatial metadata.
Time & location: October 18 & 19, Northern Arizona University, ARD Bld. 56, Rm 220
Cost: Free for Tribal GIS professionals. Sixteen person workshop capacity.
To register for upcoming workshops please use our online form HERE!
Choose either the Web Mapping Workshop or express your interest in a future metadata workshop.