The Geospatial Research and Information Laboratory provides
Northern Arizona University (NAU) researchers as well as NAU partners with technological
support to conduct Geographic Information System (GIS)- related research. The
GRAIL promotes emerging technologies and acts as a focal point for the interface
between research and education.
Applied Research & Development Building houses GRAIL on the second floor, Rm 220.
1. Support GIS-related research and spatial data management.
2. Serve regional to global spatial data to NAU and partners
3. Provide training for science and non-science programs for NAU academic departments
4. Train undergraduate and graduate students working on research projects
5. Provide technical support to satellite facilities maintained in academic units on campus
6. Promote integrative activities associated with spatial technologies, including database design and management, data mining and modeling projects, on-line research forum development, visualization design and related emerging technologies.
View the latest happenings and upcoming workshops at the GRAIL BLOG!